Title : A Loose Collection of Items from Beijing
link : A Loose Collection of Items from Beijing
A Loose Collection of Items from Beijing

Here are a few loose ends from Beijing this past week that I didn't get to post on their own. The first one is a dish called jingjiang rousi, which was served on more than one occasion. It's hard to make out in the photo above, the in the background lies a plate of pork strips tossed in a dark bean paste sauce close to what one finds in zhajiangmian. It's combined with julienned white scallions and wrapped in those tofu sheets above. It's nothing that I'd flip out about, but it's notable in that it's literally named after Beijing and thus is very local.

I was surprised to find lots of street stalls in the Olympic Park area open well into the evening. Yangrouchuanr was available at many of them; this one used a vertically-oriented rotating grill that wasn't really as effective as the traditional flat ones that others were using. But I was still happy to get it, especially since there was a carousel of self-service beer taps next door, including lychee and hawthorn flavored ones. Next time I need to get some zhajiangmian as well as the "Old Beijing Quick Scalded Tripe" that I saw at various stalls.

Finally, I was rather surprised by what Air China served in flight. That Chinese braised beef above, for instance, didn't look that appetizing when they served it. But it was so incredibly tender that I inhaled it in seconds, despite the mushy rice. There was a thinly sliced beef that I got on the way back that I rather enjoyed too. Too bad that a rather old plane (or at least, older seats and IFE) was deployed on one of my legs. But the staff was still very fast at encouraging you to take off your shoes and put on slippers!
thus Article A Loose Collection of Items from Beijing
that is all articles A Loose Collection of Items from BeijingThis time, hopefully can provide benefits to all of you. Okay, see you in another article posting .
You now read the article A Loose Collection of Items from Beijing with the link address https://momentandadventure.blogspot.com/2026/08/a-loose-collection-of-items-from-beijing.html
0 Response to "A Loose Collection of Items from Beijing"
Post a Comment